Dead Rev Counter

I have a Range Rover 91H Vogue and the rev counter is dead. Is there anyway to diagnose why its gone dead ? E.g. loose wire or is it a matter of replacing the rev counter with a second-hand replacement one ?

Thanks Paul.

Reply to
Paul

On or around Tue, 17 Feb 2004 20:10:14 -0000, "Paul" enlightened us thusly:

probably driven off the alternator, see if the wire is still attached to the W terminal (IIRC), small white wire, it should be, or mostly-white.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Rockets log, stardate Thu, 19 Feb 2004 09:01:16 GMT, Austin Shackles communicated into alt.fan.landrover:

In my experience, also a good sign that the alternator is on it's way out with a faulty diode/regulator.

Reply to
Rocket