ISO Stereo in Range Rover

I have Range Rover Vogue 91H with a 6 speaker stereo system. The speakers are all Land Rover, the connector for the stereo is a white plug with round pins. I was told an ISO wiring adapter was not available and I would need to fit a one to allow a ISO stereo to fit.

The Haynes manual only lists a 4 speaker system and of course none of the wiring colours match. Except for power feeds which I checked to with a circuit tester to confirm.

I have a number of wires left over :- Grey / Yellow Grey / White Grey / Brown Grey / Orange Grey / Green Grey / Blue Red / Black x 2 Pink / Black

Has anyone gone through the same pain and could provide which wire goes to which speaker ? Thanks Paul.

Reply to
Paul

I have gone through this to fit a new CD/Radio in my 1990 Vogue.

If you check the wiring diagram in the Haynes manual it lists all the colours.

I then used a wiring block to put them into and then the wires from the ISO adapter matched into it.

The only thing I didn't have was a permanent live, so I took a feed from the clock.

Plugged the ISO into the stereo and bingo all ok.

Since then I have also ditched the landrover speakers for Pioneer as the ones that came in the car were crap.

Treva.

Reply to
Treva

I dont have a hayes - just some shotty manual on a CD that doesnt even cover the from the clock.

Reply to
DJGred

For my 91H Vogue SE the wires are:-

Speaker connections :- Left Front = Black/Pink & Black /Red Right Front = Black / Brown & Black/White Left Rear = Black/Orange & Black/Yellow Right Rear = Black/Green & Black/Blue

Power Connections :- Red / Black = Radio Illumination (Depends on stereo might not have corresponding ISO colour) Purple / White = Permanent power White / Orange = Ignition switch Black = Earth

I would recommend using a circuit tester to validate the power connections. I also recommend soldering the ISO loom into the wiring for a permanent and trouble free operation.

Paul.

Reply to
Paul