Death of the V8

Rover announced yesterday the production of the final V8 engine, after

38 years in production.

The last engine will be placed in a museum.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

oh no. :(:(:(

Well at least I have a piece of history.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Another Drip tray required then ;-)

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

Bet you I'm still rebuilding them when I'm ready to retire!!! Long live the burble!!

Badger. B.H.Engineering, Rover V8 engine builders.

Reply to
Badger

On or around Wed, 05 May 2004 13:04:38 +0100, Steve enlightened us thusly:

some sort of news story that one of the welsh ford plants (Bridgend, I'd imagine) is going to be making engines for Land Rover.

can't see anything int he bbc news website mind. I assume it was on the welsh news

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Sorry Austin, and any other Welshmen out there, but I can't resist this one....

"Does that mean that all new landrover engines will be built with leeks instead of leaks?" LOL.

Badger.

Reply to
Badger

I know this is getting very OT but locally we have a bus that runs from

"Keele to Leek"

Now if only Keele didn't have that last "e" it would be a wicked coincidence.

:-)

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

Bugger. It took me a while to get this one - but how was a poor colonial supposed to know that the leek is the national emblem for Wales? Jeez, could the Welsh think of something better?

And I always thought only Australians ate their national symbol (kangaroos - I haven't tried emu yet).

Ron Beckett Emu Plains, New South WALES, Australia

Reply to
The Becketts

C'mon now, don't be sheepish... (shuffles feel uncomfortably...)

Reply to
Mother

Sorry Mother, I was being BAAAAAAAAD!

Baaaaadger.

Reply to
Badger

Wellies too tight? :)

Reply to
wayne

Nah, he's got them velcro'd on.......

Badger. Running. In the opposite direction. Quickly.

Reply to
Badger