Defender 110 - "The Mirror"

Hi!

Yesterday I saw on german television a report about the procedure what resulted in a Defender 110 in silver finish, like polished, the one being discussed here a time ago.

They claimed that the silver look is a special secret of the company, but it seemed similar to the procedure used to manufacture mirrors, with two components reacting to silver when getting together, what is also how developing photos works. The company is even located not very far from my home :) Usually they do smaller parts, helmets and such, it had been the first time they made a whole car look like a mirror.

Interesting that engine power tuning (roughly 200PS, I do not know if it is similar to british horsepower units, our relation between PS and kw is 1.36, IIRC) was done by a guy with .uk accent, but also in a company not to far from my home. He claimed that the td5 engine with

100000km on the counter looked inside like new, no visible wear, and also nothing to measure.

I liked the car PC they used as a navigation system, but all the other gimmicks seemed useless to me, and I bet the silver finish would be ruined after my first trip on a green lane :-)

regards - Ralph

Reply to
Ralph A. Schmid, DK5RAS

100bhp = 74.57Kw = 101.3PS also, 100lb.ft = 135.8Nm

I imagine a mirror finish being a real pain in the arse to those around you on a bright sunny day..

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

I wouldn't be too sure, mine is very shiny where paint has flaked off.

Reply to
Larry