defender radiator question

Am in need of some information. What I need is a radiator for a Defender, however it must be rated well and truly above the 200 tdi radiator currently in use. Had a google but finding specs on radiators is not easy. Dose anyone know if for example a V8 rad or TD5 rad has a better capacity to shed the heat? Failing any suitable OE parts, can anyone suggest a company who can either re core my existing rad with a higher spec core or build a new rad with a high spec core?

Reply to
Simon Cochran

On or around Wed, 25 Apr 2007 18:37:28 GMT, "Simon Cochran" enlightened us thusly:

V8 ones are wider, you'll have to move the intercooler. V8 HD one would lose a lot more heat.

However, why? The normal rad works in most conditions, if it's not cooling enough the chances are there's something wrong with it; a good bet is that it's partly blocked.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Cheers for that austin, sorry but I should have said that the engine it is trying to cool is a gmc 6.5 diesel.

Reply to
Simon Cochran