Defender TD5 SoftTop/HardTop

Has anybody fitted a Hardtop to a TD5 Defender (Softtop Version)

Or in other words, is it possible to do that? I have not found any information on that on the Landrover Homepages so far...

..but I heard about some thrid party hardtops... are they any good? where to buy?

thanx for help and information Norbert

//1979 Series III SWB Diesel - I love it since 12 years// //1999 Disco ES II TDI - I will switch after 4 years, 100%//

Reply to
rover

Norbert Hi,

It is possible to do it. As a matter of fact several fellow members of the Land Rover Club of Greece have done so with their soft top (pick up) bodied Defender 90s.

Possible solutions are either a secondhand one from a dismantled 90 (either

200/300Tdi or TD5, later ones are mory expensive) or a fiberglass made one. New genuine ones are EXTREMELY expensive.

If you are interested for a secondhand one please let me know. I may have one in a few days (a friend has decided to remove it from his car) and I can even arrange for it to be sent to Austria.

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

If you really want to look sleek, I have been looking at David from Llama

4X4 current new offering, a fastback top. He has it on display at Driffield, looks quite good.

-- Simon Isaacs

Peterborough 4x4 Club Vice Chairman and Webmaster

3.5V8 100" Hybrid, now LPG converted Part owner of 1976 S3 LWT, currently under restoration Suzuki SJ410 (Girlfriend, at the moment......) 3" lift kit fitted, body shell now restored and mounted on chassis, waiting on a windscreen and MOT Series 3 88" Rolling chassis...what to do next Pug 106 (offroaded once!!)
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Sounds good. Do you have a link to a homepage?

Where is Llama 4x4?

Norbert

Am Sat, 15 May 2004 17:44:50

+0000 schrieb Simon Isaacs:

Reply to
rover

His website is currently down, but he does hang out on here quite a lot.

I do have a phone number for him. If you want I'll e-mail it through

-- Simon Isaacs

Peterborough 4x4 Club Vice Chairman and Webmaster

3.5V8 100" Hybrid, now LPG converted Part owner of 1976 S3 LWT, currently under restoration Suzuki SJ410 (Girlfriend, at the moment......) 3" lift kit fitted, body shell now restored and mounted on chassis, waiting on a windscreen and MOT Series 3 88" Rolling chassis...what to do next Pug 106 (offroaded once!!)
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Simon,

yes, please mail the phone number. So I can contact him.

Thanks in advance!

Norbert

Am Mon, 17 May

2004 21:26:22 +0000 schrieb Simon Isaacs:

Reply to
rover