Problem TD5 Defender has no power

Hi,

I bought a TD5 defender 1999 model. The problem is that it has less power than the Tdi 300 I had. I bought it at a Landrover dealer and they acknowledge that it has a serious lack of power but so far could not find out what the reason for this lack of power is.

Is there a list of tests that can be done to pinpoint the problem? The dealer so far has looked at the air input, fuel quality and has done some tests on the ECU but nothing out of the ordinary.

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

regards Jan

Reply to
Jan Serfontein

'Twas a dark & stormy night on Thu 26 Feb 2004 06:00:19a when "Jan Serfontein" took time out from the neverending task of solving the worlds problems and wrote the following:

Get them to check the intercooler hose for a small leak or split.

Reply to
Pat Robinson

Thanks Pat,

I assume the intercooler hose you refer to must be the pipe connection between the turbo charger and the intercooler?

Cheers Jan

Reply to
Jan Serfontein