demisting S111 Windscreen

Hi all can any one tell me if there is something i can buty to help demist my s3 windscreen as the heater system is not very good for the winter .I seem to remmberthat at one time you could get a system like you haver on the back window off a car but with just one eliment that ran a round the windscreens .

thanks charlie

Reply to
charlie

there are some little12v ceramic fan heaters you can buy which plug into cigar lighter socket , these will blow enough warm air to de ice windscreen .

not quite sure where they sell them but youll probably find with a search engine on internet .

Reply to
M0bcg

charlie tried to scribble ...

We used a caravan 'blown air heater' thing .. bought from a caravan accessory shop for about a tenner .. ;)

In real terms it's a 12v hair dryer .. ;)

Reply to
Digweed .. ;)

In article , snipped-for-privacy@newsome.bucks.net (charlie) growled:

You can buy heated front windscreens for Series landies. Same technology they use in Range Rovers. About UKP60 for one pane IIRC so you may want to only do the driver's side?

Reply to
Paul Oldham

I fitted one of these and it was worth its weight in gold. It drew about 15 amps from what I remember

Paul

Reply to
PM

Smear on thick fairy liquid or washing liquid of your choice and rub it in. Works on Visors and Windscreens a treat.

Much cheaper than a heated windscreen.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

hiya,

i striped the heater , sealed all the holes in the large pipe/tube. unscrewed the steel plate that fits in the dashboard kinda thingy, you know where your demister pipes come up to windscreen, the sealed all holes - removed the directional flaps- so it now only blows on screen. sealed the steel plate back in, and now it only takes 5 mins to clear my screen in mid winter, and it clears 90% of the screen. for added heat ive fitted a smiths flat heater onto the rear bulkhead so, nice and warm in the back as well.

its a bit of work i know, but it works a treat now, ive even cut the top section off a Dr Pepper small bottle and sealed it over the passenger side demister, slid the demister pipe over it and you still have a passenger side windscreen demister, but if its struggling to demist the screen ie.. whilst off roading ,then i can put the cap on the dr pepper bottle , blanking off the passenger side . and the entire force of the demister goes to the drivers side, works brilliantly.

andy

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
Andy

In article , snipped-for-privacy@btdoesntwork.com (PM) growled:

That's the only catch to the one I had on my Range Rover. Make lots of short journeys and you can find the battery starts to suffers ;-)

Anyway, is that 15A per pane? And where did you get yours from? I asked a supplier recently and they denied all knowledge of them.

Reply to
Paul Oldham

In article , PM writes

Doesn't a Series III have a one piece screen?

Various advertisers in LRO and the like advertise them at 120 UKP (presumably for the whole screen).

Reply to
John Halliwell

Twas Sun, 10 Aug 2003 12:21:07 +0100 when John Halliwell put finger to keyboard producing:

The first one piece screens were 110 in 1983? and then 90 in 1985? except Range Rovers which were always 1 piece.

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mr.niceATsofthome.nethttp://community.webshots.com/user/mrnice106___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Twas Sat, 9 Aug 2003 10:30:22 +0000 (UTC) when charlie put finger to keyboard producing:

I used to use a little 12 volt heater things, I got it to try to warm the cab but I ended up mounting it upside down on the roof (inside) pointing down at the screen, it certainly helped and it was out of the way there.