Difflock switch wiring.

While I've got a biut of time I decided to try and sort out the lack of difflock and the two wires which look as though they should be connected to something. According to Haynes there should be one black and blue wire, the earth connection being made through a bolt on the gearbox. What I've actually got is two wires, one blaack and one blue....any ideas?

Cheers, John

Reply to
John Stokes

Model, John?

Reply to
Dougal

Thought diff lock on a LR was always a mechancical linkage expect on the fangled D3... What motor are we talking about?

DII has a switch to light up a lamp and tell the BCU/ECU not to use TC/HDC etc.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Sorry, it's on the Defender...300TDi with the later gearbox

Reply to
John Stokes

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Cheers, John

If I remember correctly on my 1989 Defender 90, I had two wires on the switch, but the black one was short and locally attached to the bolt on the gearbox to make the earth....

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

For an LT95 black goes to earth (wherever is handy) black/blue goes to indicator lamp on dash ... As long as the lamp has 12v to one side it'll be the same irrespective of model as they're only spst switches.

Reply to
AJG