Disco 1 a/c condenser..

..how easy (or not) is it the change one of these yourself? Including being able fix up the pipework to the new condenser to ensure it isn't leaking?

Cheers,

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

If you have a charging manifold for the gas, its relatively easy to do AC work. We leak test our instrument systems at work by pressurising them with nitrogen to a 100 PSI or so, and then looking for leaks.

You should vacuum the whole system down for several hours before recharging it though.

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

I'd get the local garage to do the charging - they have a machine that empties it properly etc. - they found the leak for me. Just wondering how difficult it is to remove and replace the condenser myself - I don't mind it taking a lot of time (looks like it will!) just wondering how much of the front of the car I have to take apart, how difficult it is to do, and whether I can properly re-make the pipe joints myself with basic tools.

Cheers,

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

Jesus! I'm knackered just vacuuming the living room and stair and I can do both in under 20 minutes..... Surely a certain amount of dust and cobwebs is only proper on a Landrover aircon unit?

:-P

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D