Disco 1 door chimes

Beep beep beep.....

Can anyone tell me where the chime is located that bangs off when you open the driver's door with the key in?

Before I rip out the dash panel and machine-gun every relay and connector I can see.

You may assume I am a little fed up with this feature.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

In message , Richard Brookman writes

You can unplug it

It is the plug that is cabletied to the ignition barrel.

But don't moan when some scum bag jumps in a steals your disco with the keys in the ignition :-)

Reply to
Marc Draper

On or around Tue, 16 Aug 2005 07:53:26 +0100, "Richard Brookman" enlightened us thusly:

I thought it only did that with the lights on?

ours does.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Nah, keys in and doors open ... different tone to the lights on reminder.... which reminds me...

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Hi Austin

As knowledgeable and helpful and therefore respected. I never thought I be able to advise you, its normally the other way round!! Mine dings annoyingly with just the key in (lights not required) Can you help?

-- Regards

Paul Tasker

P.S. If you use the reply button. Remove the BLIP

Reply to
Paul Tasker

Mine too, only beeps when the lights are on and door open GGJ

Reply to
GGJ

On or around Tue, 16 Aug 2005 14:38:31 GMT, "Paul Tasker" enlightened us thusly:

obviously they changed it. Ours is an early "300", 95 model, and goes beep-beep-beep-beep if you open the door with the lights on, but nothing about the key.

The 1991 disco didn't do any of 'em, so you could leave the lights on.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I have 1995 300tdi and mine beeps if you open the door with the key in the ignition, perhaps its something else for you to fix austin :-)

Reply to
Paul

so Marc Draper was, like...

Great. And no, I won't complain if it's nicked. I never leave the keys in if I'm out and about. I just like the option to leave the keys in and the door open when I am at home without Nanny bleating about how thoughtless I am. The lights-on beep is quieter, lighter and just-about bearable, as I have been known to leave the lights on while parking.

Thanks.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

so Paul was, like...

1997 - lights on one type of beep, door open another type of beep.
Reply to
Richard Brookman

On or around Tue, 16 Aug 2005 18:28:18 +0100, "Paul" enlightened us thusly:

not likely, it sounds a pain in the areas. I'm either leaving the key in deliberately or taking it out to lock the thing with anyway.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Well how about this, 1994 range rover. Press "plipper" doors lock, half the indicators flash, and then the little red LED flashes like mad.

Press plipper again to open doors; doors unlock, LED continues to go nuts, interior light comes on.

Worry.

Press plipper a third time; doors lock, have a little think and then unlock again. No lights involved.

Worry a bit more.

Press plipper again, doors lock, all indicators flash once and then the LED settles down to a flash every now and again. Odd.

I want my 90 back!

Dave

Reply to
edeowner

In message , Paul writes

It is all down to how many buttons on your remote control

one button = no beeping

two buttons = annoying

Reply to
Marc Draper

so snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com was, like...

Don't worry Dave - it's just letting you know it's in charge. Once you give in and accept it, all will be plain sailing. A bit like a woman really.

Has the 90 gone?

Reply to
Richard Brookman

->It is all down to how many buttons on your remote control

->

->one button = no beeping

->

->two buttons = annoying

So if I take one of the buttons of my remote control it will stop beeping ?

Reply to
Geoff

I also have the disco doorbell But cant find any cableties what colour is the wire?

ray

Reply to
ray newport

In message , ray newport writes

If you remove the cowling

you have the ignition barrel with the pickup coil mounted on it for the immobiliser .

The plug is normally cable tied to the barrel just behind the pickup coil.

Even if the barrel has been replaced it should still be there as the wiring is all part of the new barrel.

It is a purple and purple and black wire...... from memory. Why I chose to memorise that I don't know.

Reply to
Marc Draper

No she hasn't gone yet. I've parked it outside the kitchen window so I can get the most viewing of it before it goes. I'm going to miss it. Looks bloody nice cleaned up too. Took it for a spin today, forgot how hilarious it was with the big intercooler on it. Should go in the local paper with the correct number on it this week.

I am, however, enjoying being invisible to friends and people who know the 90. I think it will take them a while to recognise the rangie and the number plate.

Also resisting the temptation to modify it!

Dave

'94 200Tdi Range Rover '72 Bobtail Range Rover '89 200 Tdi Defender '60 2a Trialler '93 Disco

Reply to
edeowner

so snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com was, like...

You forgot the 110.