Disco Bullbar Help!!!

Recently I purchased a used bullbar for my 97 Discovery (V8, Airbag model).

I think its an "ARB" brand...its very similar to the bullbars most disco's seem to have in British landrover magazines I have (3 horizontal small bars across each headlight)

The selller (I had it sent via courier from the other side of the country) sent me pictures of it fitted to his disco, and all appeared easy to fit.

I can see underneath on my Disco where it bolts to, the spots where the recovery hooks are now fitted, but no matter what I do I cannot work out how the thing will fit, it seems to foul the existing bumper bar...the mounting section on the bullbar does not appear to be long enough.

I have pulled the recovery hooks off, removed the bottom spoiler etc etc but still no luck.

I figure either

  1. There is a difference on the 97 model, the bumper protrudes slightly more than earlier discoverys

  1. There is some extra mounting kit that I need for the bullbar

  2. Its really easy, bolts straight on and Im doing something really stupid

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

NB...this is one of those bullbars that does not replace the whole bumper...its identical to the one on this car on ebay.

Thanks

Reply to
Robbie

On or around Sat, 09 Jun 2007 22:48:22 GMT, "Robbie" enlightened us thusly:

You might have the plastic bit on the front bumper under the number plate, and you might need to remove it. It doesn't do anything useful anyway.

They do wrap around the bumper though and from what I recall there's something of a knack to getting them on. I think you start with the bar horizontal - it mounts or should mount on the bumper retaining bolts, if it's like a LR one. ISTR removing all the bolts and re-inserting the back pair with the bar horizontal and then pivoting it into place, or some such activity. I've an idea that there's a point where you lie on the ground with the bullbar on top of you thinking "why did I bother?"

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Thanks Austin, I think it may be the plastic bit holding the number plate thats causing me grief...will try it with that removed as soon as the temp gets above 5C

Cheers

Robbie