disco 2 air spring removal

Jacked up the chassis on axle stands, wheel removed, retainer clips removed on top of spring, now waiting for it to depressurise. The question is: the little black air hose; does it clip into the top of the spring with some sort of retainer, or can I simply pull it out? I don't want to break it, but it did not want to come out easily. I'm hoping it will get easier when the pressure drops. any advice would be welcome

Reply to
madhatchetman

madhatchetman a écrit :

If it is the same as the P38 springs, then there is a little brass collar around the air line where it enters the top of the spring that you press down (a small spanner works well) and then with that pressed down you pull the air line out. If you pull it very slowly and carefully then you can depressurise the spring yourself.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

In message , Matthew Maddock writes

It is not the same as a P38

You undo the brass nut with a 10mm spanner.

You can then remove the pipe , nut and olive from the top of the air spring.

If you then remove the white plug from the nut on the new air spring the bare pipe will just push in.

RE: depressureiseation

once it is safely on stands and the axle dropped to take the load off the spring......

I just stick a knife through the side !!!

It is quicker than plugging it into the diagnostics, the rubber is very thick and so the air just leaks out rather than going bang.

Good luck

Reply to
Marc Draper

Turns out I had to undo the little brass fitting. It has an olive on the pipe. Would take about 1/2 hour to do the other side, so easy job.

Reply to
madhatchetman