Disco 2 SatNav

I have a '52 plate Disco 2 ES with the SatNav fitted. It works fine in as much as it always seems to know where I am. Which is more than I can say for myself.

When I first got the car, I used this toy and generated a few routes. Then I just used a TomTom for its pretty map.

Now when I try to generate a route with the built-in SatNav, it keeps asking me for the disk. The disk is in there. It reads fine on the PC and I have copied it successfully to a new CD. Neither is recognised.

Anyone any idea what I might be doing wrong? Have I forgotten some magic incantation? Do the discs time-out when the data gets old?

Pete Harrison

Reply to
Peter Harrison

Sounds like the disc reader is knackered, they are quite cheap on ebay

Reply to
Nige

The head unit works fine. It plays music CDs OK. When I pop the navigation CD in, it says loading... then 'nav cd'.

However, when I select a destination, it tells me to insert the navigation CD and then just sits there.

Pete

Reply to
Peter Harrison

Did your copy CD have the same volume name as the original? I've seen that as a problem before if you've just copied the files.

It doesn't explain why the original won't work, though.

Reply to
Dougal