A.C.E. on Disco 2

Here's an easy one for those in the know ...

Can anyone rate A.C.E. (Active Cornering Enhancement) on a Disco 2 in respect of reliability? Are there any downsides to A.C.E.?

I also believe that A.C.E. and 18" wheels came as a linked package - are there any known issues with A.C.E. and 16" wheels? I would possibly expect some small degradation in A.C.E. performance but nothing else.

A.C.E. is not something that I need - but is it something that I should avoid?

Thanks.

Reply to
Dougal

Well I've got ACE on my ex-G4 DII and that has 16" wheels fitted. It's well worth having IMHO and makes for a much better ride, especialy when 'making progress'.

yes it is naturally a complex system and has issues, there is a TSB for corroded ACE pipes, some problems with vlaves sticking etc but nothing major.

Reply to
Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld.Com

In message , Dougal writes

ACE is a great system and pretty reliable too. Some cars suffer from noisy pipe work that is easily sorted and the odd leak but in all a pretty good system.

Personally I would not go for ACE and 18" wheels as the ride is too firm for my liking and not what I want from a Discovery.

Our current one has ACE and 16" wheels and gives a great ride.

ACE is something that everyone needs ! great cornering on road and effectively disconnecting the anti-roll bars off road. Much underrated!

Reply to
Marc Draper

An ordinary DII with ACE on 16" wheels here as well.

Quite with such a long travel and soft suspension I dread to think what it would handle like without ACE, as for body roll...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I like it. I have 16" wheels on at the moment with Colway ATs on them. This all works just fine and the ride is much nicer than the original

18" set. Sadly, my wife thinks the black steels are ugly so I only put them on when playing.

I have to try specificaly to get the car to lean around a corner on the road. Normally it goes around dead level. A bit odd untill you get used to it.

I expect I was unlucky when my ACE pump shredded its bearings and dumped the oil all over the place. On the other hand it was under warranty so it all got fixed up again.

Pete

Reply to
Peter Harrison

Darren,

Do you have details of the TSB?

Regards

nemo2

Reply to
me2

Sorry I don't. I did wonder if there was an on-line record of what TSB's were applicable to which vehciles?

Reply to
Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld.Com

Is by TSB you mean a recall, I think they are on the web somewhere tried Land Rover... IIRC it's chafing of the pipes somewhere up front, though I have the feeling it's the ACE pipework chaffing cooling pipework rather than the dmage being cuased to the ACE system. I may be wrong...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Hi,

I was interested, as I had a very expensive leak that involved having to replace all the ace pipes due to them corroding within the ace valve block.

I also had a problem with the top coolant pipe rubbing against a aircon pipe behind the radiator. Landrover later redesigned the spacer and changed them when the disco's were next serviced.

regards

nemo2

Reply to
me2

Here are some that you could try - they're recall type things rather than the less critical TSB stuff. Some may be USA-biased:

gives a list but not the content!)
is nothing listed today for Disco2/LR2 but there was stuff yesterday!)

Search for "LandRover recalls" in Google etc.. for more.

Leaking/broken pipes were behind most of the A.C.E. problems listed for the Disco 2.

Many thanks to all who responded to my original request for information. It seems that I do not need to run the other way if A.C.E. is on offer.

Reply to
Dougal

Thanks

Reply to