Disco 200TDi

Just had a look at k-reg 200tdi, looks okay for the money apart from quite a clunk from reverse to fowards, rocking back and forth. Also when pulling away. Could just be A-frame rubber, but obviuosly more ominous things such as..................

Your answers on a postcard please, together with some idea of the cost to replace

Reply to
Tony

On or around Wed, 16 Feb 2005 23:37:17 GMT, "Tony" enlightened us thusly:

gearbox output shaft... anything from about 300 quid to buy and fit a second-hand box to about 1100 for a decent recon box/Tbox, plus fitting.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Hi Tony,

It is wear in the gearbox splines. I had this problem, really the only way to fix it was to fit a new box. I got LEGs to do it and including travel came to just over £800. It mean't I had a gearbox though which is superb. My 200TDi is for sale:-

Reply to
Andrew Renshaw

Your answers on a postcard please, together with some idea of the cost toreplace>

They pretty much all clonk a bit, & if you've got one that doesn't, it soon will. If it's excessive, it may also be the rear suspension ball joint.

TonyB

Reply to
TonyB