Disco

Hi all, after parting a while ago from my 110CSW after 11 years,I have now taken stock of a 01 Disco GS. What pitfalls should I now be looking for?

I have done a search on the net for factory recalls and nothing is identified with this model, unless you know different. TIA Dave

Reply to
Dave Piggin

There are recalls on Disco IIs, you need to get to your dealer to find out if they've been done on yours. There were a few, around coolant, ABS hoses, ACE hoses, IIRC.

The problems on the Disco II seem to be mainly:

1) ACE packing in, especially if it's not been recalled, although not all of them have it 2) Rear air suspension problems, variety of, not nearly as common as on the P38 but nonetheless they have been known. Again, some lower-spec 5-doors don't have air suspension. 3) Head gasket on the TD5 can be a bit dicey, I've heard of several which have had it done.

However, on the whole, it's not a bad lump of metal, and shouldn't give you too many problems.

Reply to
David French