Disco Axles on Rangie

Anybody know if axles from a Discovery 1 1991 will fit a Range Rover of the same era?

Alex

Reply to
Alex

In principle I would guess so, based on the fact that I know someone with rangie axles on his disco

Its a landrover - have welder will fit ;-)

Si

Reply to
GrnOval

On or around Fri, 29 Dec 2006 10:16:44 -0000, "GrnOval" enlightened us thusly:

I reckon they ought to. You might find inconsistencies of threads on brake pipes or suchlike, because they have them anyway. other than that I think they're the same axles but might well be different springs.

Reply to
Lord Austin the Ebullient of Happy Bottomshire

Would you like a pair :-) ?

Last salvageable bits of the Corpse now available...

Steve

Reply to
steve

I had heard that the Disco is built on the same chassis as the Rangie, I may be wrong of course. If that is the casr I would expect the axles to be swappable. TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

Well having looked at both they seem to be damn near identical chassis-wise. I know the springs and things will be different, but I couldn't see any reason why the axles should be different. Just wanted to check.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Alex uttered summat worrerz funny about:

check the width of the bracket where the Radius arms go.... I'm read somewhere there is a different girth though that may be age related rather than model.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

If it's any use to you, i know that some, if not most of the part numbers are the same on my 94 Range Rover Tdi and an L reg disco.........

Dave

Reply to
Dave R

On or around Fri, 29 Dec 2006 12:07:41 +0000, steve enlightened us thusly:

oooh, that reminds me. Anyone got the little black panel with the faglighter socket in it for a disco 1 200 type knocking around?

Reply to
Lord Austin the Ebullient of Happy Bottomshire

Lord Austin the Ebullient of Happy Bottomshire wrote: Anyone got the little black panel with the

Might have.

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor