Disco Bobtail

Does anyone have any info on bobtailing a Disco, how its done, is it worth doing ?

thanks

Reply to
murph

Murph Hi

there was an article in one of the LR related magazines sometime ago about bobtailing a Disco. They said it did make a remarkable difference on retreat angle.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

If I recall that article the car in question had about 10" cut off the chassis, had the alpine lights removed, the rear quarterlights removed and the tailgate replaced by a stiffened fibreglass one with no window. I think the fuel tank was shortened rather than relocated.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

December's LRO mag has a feature on one!

Reply to
Andrew Cooke

Aint got mine yet, feckin' Thackley newsagents!

Reply to
Nige

yet again the joys of subscribing come to the fore ;-)

Si

Reply to
SiK

I subscribe direct, cuts out the inefficient middleman and thieving paper boy :-)

Reply to
Andrew Cooke