disco boot seats

looking at buying a 1996 disco that has no fold down seats in the boot, are these an optional extra?. is it easy to fit them? how much would it cost roughly?

Paul.

Reply to
Paul

We have a 2001 Disco and were able to get a couple of extra seats from our local LR service agent for a few hundred dollars. We were lucky enough to ask at the same time as someone wanted to get rid of theirs. LR fitted the seats for us but they're removable. Since we don't need them often, we currently have them out - easy enough to do, except that they're quite heavy to lug them around - our storage area is on the 3rd floor of our Sydney terrace house!

Reply to
Viviane

Buy mine - it's already got 'em ;)

Reply to
Larry Shaw

They're certainly not difficult to fit, although some of the bolts are in awkward places. From memory they're about £90 each new but you do occasionally see them on eBay for a lot less. If you buy second hand make sure you get all of the washers and spacers as well or it'll be difficult to get a good solid installation.

HTH

Regards

Steve G

Paul wrote:

Reply to
SteveG

On or around Sat, 2 Apr 2005 21:14:15 +1000, "Viviane" enlightened us thusly:

different seats in the 2001 - the '96 will have the sideways-facing fold-ups.

they're not that difficult to fit, dunno if the 5-doors have the fittings behind the panel for the seatbelts, though.

breakers would be my guess for the best bet to get 'em.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sat, 2 Apr 2005 11:19:48 +0100, "Paul" enlightened us thusly:

meant to say - the 200 and 300 discos appear to have identical fold-up seats.

Reply to
Austin Shackles