Disco gearbox..

The gearbox (manual) has just gone on a friend's 300 Tdi Disco out here.

Can anyone recommend somewhere (South West ideally - or someone who collects/delivers) that offers re-cons (pref. cheap!), exchange or not.

Cheers,

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

Have a look at

He does a good job and delivers.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Spot on - thanks for that, he's ordered it from them - they are even delivering/collecting direct to/from France, pretty cheaply too! Apparently they are even throwing in other spare parts 'just in case', that he can return with the old 'box if he doesn't need them.

He was going to use Ashcroft, but he said the person he spoke to on the phone didn't have a clue, so wasn't impressed and decided against them.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

I never heard of Ashcrofts before lurking on here but there are quite a few on here who recommend them so maybe you caught them on a bad day when they were shorthanded. I've dealt with D.B quite a lot in the past and never had any trouble, it's a pity it wasn't last weekend as my two sons went to France then in a van, could have saved you some carriage costs.

Martin

Reply to
Oily