disco II height sensor link

should the bolt onto the radius arm be tight or slack enough that the bush on the height sensor link can rotate?

found both of mine slack while investigating non-functional SLS this morning

- book says 18 lb-ft but they're self-locking type nuts - still though I reckon 18 lb ft shoudl pinch them up - that means the link rubber bush takes any rotation which I guess is OK - if I was designing it there'd be a bearing of some kind there since it has rotating motion, albeit slight.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I'd expect it to grip the bush otherwise it'll just wear in the bore.

Conversion to coil springs in the Spring ??

Reply to
Dougal

On or around Wed, 01 Dec 2010 11:32:46 +0000, Dougal enlightened us thusly:

conversion to coils tomorrow, I'm fed up with the f***er. Looks like the RH height sensor is fritzed, again.

Reply to
Austin Shackles