Disco roof

Hello all, The roof on the disco has perforated through near one of the alpine roof lights - is this reairable? I seem to remember being told that you could not repair rot near an opening (where a rubber seal goes) there is a little more rot around the alpine glass and one spot near the front - I was thinking of having the whole roof done or do i need to replace the roof ? - why the hell did they put a steel roof on them!!

Cheers

Reply to
StaffBull

I've not got intimate with this area but see no reason why it can't be repaired the samw as any other pannel on a steel area.

I would remove all combustables and cover everything else you can't with something suitable.. remove the apine window. Cut out the rot and replace the metal with new .. weld in the patch.. grind the weld smooth ,, re weld any dips... grind again and filler the rest to make it cosmetically good. paint and refit the window.

Simple eh!....

I think the steel roof was something to do with the shape and pressing it out of ally creating potential problems, but I have been wrong before and no doubt will be again.

Out of interest .. where has it rotted? Inside outwards or otherwise ...for those yet nit victim of this scurge to take evasive action.

Lee D

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

Reply to
StaffBull

I half competent welder whos an expert with a grinder should sort it... more time consuming than anything else.. Hopefully ours lands tomorrow .. will take a peek a little closer.

Lee D