Discovery 300tdi auto mpg?

what sort of mpg should i expect from a 300tdi with an automatic box fitted?

Reply to
Paul

depends on the toys fitted e.g. air con etc. About 24.

Peter

96 300TDi ES with EDC
Reply to
Peter Seddon

I used to get about 24mpg around town and 28-30mpg on a run being gentle from my 95 tdi. My TD5 auto is about the same, but the performance is in a different class. Don't expect much performance from the 300tdi, especially from a standing start, put your foot down, read a book and time you finished reading it should statrt to move.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Coombs

over 15000 miles mixture of off road/motorway/urban etc.

26.5mpg-460 per tank p.s does anyone know whtat the tank holds? >
Reply to
t.jonson

On or around Sat, 19 Mar 2005 11:49:38 GMT, "Martin Coombs" enlightened us thusly:

I dunno if there's scope for tuning it better - there probably is on a standard injection pump - achieved considerable improvement in take-off on our manual TDi by a bit of tweaking.

EDC ones can, I assume, be chipped, if you find someone who knows how.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Thanks for the replies, i was expecting a little more mpg, i thought they averaged about 28 on average or is there a difference of around 4 mpg between manual and automatic ?

Reply to
Paul

Don't believe all you read in th blurb. I've had three disco's a 200 manual, a 300 manual and a 300 ES auto with EDC and the auto is by far the best vehicle, but the toys on my ES add to the fuel consumption. The EDC does ad a little bit of get up and go but not until the turbo cuts in. It's not a problem if you know about it and compensate for it. Also it complains about starting fist time unless you give it heat. The other two discos didn't bother.

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Seddon

On or around Sat, 19 Mar 2005 23:09:02 -0000, "Peter Seddon" enlightened us thusly:

the EDC probably doesn't over-fuel when starting.

the most noticeable improvement to ours was advancing the pump timing a bit. can't say exactly how much, probably about 6 degrees - I didn't measure it, just moved it a bit and tried it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles