Discovery 4.0V8

Can any help land rover discovery 1996 4.0 V8 lose power if you drive over

40 mph, return under that speed and it drives good?????? help
Reply to
d mackay

Hi you might want to check the fuel filter or put a good valve cleaner in the tank.Techron or landrover fuel cleaner.

Reply to
PeterG.

The same has happened to my 98 Disco I.

  1. I went through the Premium gas routine, the fuel additives to clean the injectors which helped some, I think. (Greased Lightning, 12000 mile cleaner)
  2. Used oil additives that affect the valves. (Greased Lightning with Dupont ptfe).

The guy at Advance Auto said it seemed like a vacuum problem. So one afternoon, after driving the Rover until it was warm, I lifted the hood and stood there staring at it. Not being much of a mechanic, I was apprehensive about touching the Rover and would wait until I got it to a dealer. So, I squeezed the two hoses coming out of the valve covers, the breather hoses and WHOA! the rubber hose collapsed like bubble gum, sticky like bubble gum.

I immediately ripped them out of the engine and not having genuine parts, I peicemealed the passenger side hose together and placed a 1/2 inch hose on the driver side. Then I took it out for a drive.

I have yet to have any more hesitation (2 weeks). Is this the answer? Dunno. But so far it has worked for me.

Mark

1998 Disco Havelock North Carolina

Reply to
ppqqppqqpqpqpqpqq