distributor pump 2.25 diesel - how to loosen

Ned to adjust following timing chain renewal. How do I loosen the rear most nut? I can't seem to get a socket onto it. I'm probably missing something bleedin' obvious...

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Gray

No, you can't line up on it with a socket properly. It's easier if you use a short 3/8" drive socket with a long(ish) extension and a universal joint between the socket and extension, or better still the extension with the wobbly fitting end.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Thanks, I'd forgotten I had one of those. Now the bloody thing is REALLY playing up. I changed the head gaskets etc. and put new injectors on (it's at 100,000km) and it is running like a complete dog. No power, clouds of black and white smoke even when hot, clanging noise. Moving the injector pump around makes some difference but not much. I'm going to change the timing chain on Tuesday, so I hope that will sort it. Do you think I'll need to completely re-time it, or will the cam be in the right place, since I didn't disturb it?

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Gray