engine swap?

Is it feasible to replace a 200 tdi engine in a 110 with a td5 engine?

Gerald

Reply to
Idris

It's been done - but not very strightforward.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

All things are feasible, but many are not simple. :)

Reply to
Niamh Holding

On or around Wed, 21 Sep 2005 21:40:14 +0100, "Idris" enlightened us thusly:

anything's *possible*. It may not be practical.

you'll need among other things the engine ECU and the engine part of the wiring loom.

I daresay it'd be feasible using a crashed vehicle as a donor, or something. If you were looking at buying the bits new, it's certainly not worth it.

personally, I'd go for the 2.8 TDi-based powerstroke engine, if I were looking to upgrade a defender.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 21:40:14 +0100, "Idris" scribbled the following nonsense:

Someone in my club who looked into this swap found that it requires a huge amount of chassis modification, as well as needing all the elctrical gubbins and brain. He ended up fitting a 2.8 PowerTorque

300TDi in the end.
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

mounted on chassis, waiting on a windscreen and MOT

Thanks for the feedback. Think I will give that one a miss!

Gerald

Reply to
Idris