'ere, a petition for you all to sign.

I suppose technically "Mainland UK" excludes the Isle of Wight, Anglesey and all the Islands off Scotland. That could make registration awkward in such places.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Warren

Of course the IoM and the Channel Isles are not part of the UK!

Reply to
GbH

Nor the Isle of Sheppy nor Eel Pie Island, not so sure about Thanet or Ely.

Reply to
GbH

I was rather pissed off to read the other day (in Wikipedia, so it may not be true) that Anglesey is now technically regarded as part of the mainland. Thomas Telford and Robert Stephenson have a lot to answer for.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

Where was that, then? I don't see it. It says it's part of Great Britain, but that's not synonymous with the British Mainland.

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

Ah, neither do I any more. Perhaps I was dreaming...

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

I had a holiday on the Isle of Sheppey with my parents as a young child. I didn't realise until now that it was my first trip "abroad"!

Jim

Reply to
Jim Warren