Feckin' leaking axle (again)

Bugger me sideways, the things leaking again. It's been welded, epoxied!

It's buggered, so I really am going to have to sort a new axle. I can get a known good full axle including diff. They want £100 for the whole thing, or a used casing for £40, but there will be lots to swap etc.

I can't see it being a massive job to do. Cut off the U bolts, unfasten propshaft & sort the brake pipe out & you're away.

Or, am I missing something really simple - what would you chaps do?

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Series 3 Landrover 88" (Albert)

"If you tolerate this then your children will be next"

Reply to
Nige

a known good full axle

£40, but there will be lots to

Probably best to fit a good case.

I had an interesting one this week when a customer complained that the steering of her old 90 had gone "all wobbly"

On driving it into the workshop I could tell it was steering from the back ! Her axle was so rotten that it had pulled the radius arm mount clean off the axle case !!!!!

I found her a good s/h one which got her back on the road again.

Reply to
Marc Draper