Fecking County Fecking Durham

Dave Liquorice

Ouch, lucky thats the only damage mate.

Reply to
Nige

Looking at that damage, it could well be a write off ;(

Reply to
Nige

Thought it wasn't so bad until I saw the roof :-(

Glad no-one was hurt.

Reply to
Andy

'Oops' is appropriate.

I've had moments, too, but to blame the lack of gritting .... that's not on. It's operator error - we've just got to accept it! If we can't deal with what nature throws up we should stay at home.

Reply to
Dougal

I think it is. It was Y reg so only worth 5k if that. All the near side would need to be replaced along with the front and rear valences and bumpers, not to mention floor and roof. The B post was stopped by the passenger seat...

Added another picture, shows the roof dints a bit better and the bend to the rear wing behind the rear wheel.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Indeed, after all black ice is so easy to spot! The correct thing to do of course is to assume that ice is everywhere even when it can't be seen, and drive at 0.5 MPH everywhere, and employ a small boy to sit on the bonnet throwing grit in front of the truck. Anyone who doesn't do this will get what they deserve.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

You COULD COMMISERATE

Still it looks like the only injury was some ones pride

Nasty though

DieSea

Reply to
DieSea

I could do that, no problem. It hurts.

But it doesn't alter the fact that there's only one party at fault be that Dave in this case or myself when I had my moments.

Reply to
Dougal

Watch they don't come after you for damaging the tree!

Reply to
GbH

Only see 2 pichers, sore Disco and manky tree!

Reply to
GbH

Ouch...

To be fair, the old girl looks like she did a good job at protecting you.. From the state of the tree/ wall, a car may not have had the same protection.

Shit happens.. Its an arse, but at least you walked away :)

Chin up.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Try again, my mistake looked at the page locally but forgot to upload it.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I donno, not that I make a habit of this, but:

Looks like not driving down that road in early November might not be a bad idea. The 2004 incident is few miles further on. It's a section of road not 1/2 a mile long that catches someone at least once a month. Indeed the Police were attending a car parked on the wall a hundred yards further down from my 2004 incident on Wednesday night and that section of wall has aquired many newly built bits since I made a hole in it. It's even claimed one of the local coppers who regulary attends to pick up the bits!

Yeah, cars can be replaced, walls rebuilt and trees regrow.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I do accept it but I think any operator that got away without leaving the road would have done so by luck rather than good judgement. I haven't worked out how the car spun yet, that tree is on the offside of the road in relation to my orginal direction of travel but I hit it broadside with the nearside of the car. When I stopped moving I was facing the direction I had been orginally traveling, half on the road but on the wrong side and with the tree about in line with the rear offside wheel.

I'm pissed off that Cumbria manage to grit and clear the road regulary but Durham don't. This is the only road between South Tyne Dale and Teesdale. It could be likened to one county gritting the A between two market towns in different counties up to the county boundary and the other not. Think of the fuss that would make in the tabloids...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I have say I too have found the treating of icy roads in County Durham somewhat lacking. Having driven several miles of minor roads in North Yorkshire that had all been treated, It came as quite a shock to realise that having crossed the county boundary over the Stang pass into County Durham that the steep hairpin road back down was untreated. The transit van embedded into the wall 200 yards over the border was a bit worrying.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Oooo.. that looks lucky no one was hurt. At the end of the day as proud as we all are our our trucks in 50 years they will all be tomatoe tins or summat like that.

Bummer all the same!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Ooo Nasty! But as someone else said you were protected.

Reply to
GbH

Talking like an arse but have you considered a spell on the local skid pan? You've got away with it twice ...

Reply to
GbH

Talking a bit less like an arse:- if only for the practice and to keep your eye in!

Reply to
GbH