disco2 fuel filler flap

Guys,

Can anyone tell me how the automatic fuel filler flap works on a Disco II? I can close mine by pressing it, and the button on the dash will open it. But I've noticed in the last couple of days that I can open it by hand by just pulling it. Isn't is supposed to lock??

Does anyone have a schematic or a photo somewhere that could show me how it should work?

Thanks

Disco2000

Just been out to look... There is a small silver pin that presumably is motored in and out sticking about 1/4" out of the LHS of the opening through a grommit.

On the flap there is a bit of bent tin with a plastic moulding on it. This engages on the end of the pin it should "lock". This moulding is quite complex and can rotate a little on the metal bracket so that it autmagically aligns onto the pin. Once the windoze machine has done it's virus scan I'll grab a picture and upload it somewhere.

I can't prise my flap open with fingers but a lever would if you weren't bothered about the paintwork.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Dave Liquorice