First (big) Event....

We had our first mud-club event yesterday. A few casualties

This jeep :

A Disco which fried it's starter and then the owner lost the keys..doh! And a TD5 Disco that died in the water. I towed it about 30 miles home on a fixed bar. Highlight of the day for me was burning a TD5 90 off the lights..with the other Disco attached to me .. .

If you modify the link above you can see some of the other pictures. All in all a good day, massive turnout and we donated all the profits to charity ;-)

Neil

Neil Brownlee

in article buh5d0$cgb$ snipped-for-privacy@sparta.btinternet.com, Neil Brownlee at snipped-for-privacy@nospamscreamingnospam.net wrote on 19/1/04 5:50 pm:

I was there with the LRO driving day, and I've got to agree with Neil - it was brilliant! Get to Tixover one way or another... great fun ;-)

Reply to
David Sillitoe

Foxhunter

On or around Mon, 19 Jan 2004 17:50:25 +0000 (UTC), "Neil Brownlee" enlightened us thusly:

if it's not been prepared, then that water's too deep... as he's presumably found out by the time the picture was taken :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

He looks a bit cheesed off. So I think he found out the expensive way.

Reply to
David French

oh dear!

this is one ugly truck! what is it?:

Tom Woods

Hi Neil,

Simon told me all about it tonight.

BTW His Disco is back on the road ;-)

Mark Casey

mm

On or around Tue, 20 Jan 2004 22:04:09 +0000, Tom Woods enlightened us thusly:

looks like the Isle of Wight ferry, wot with the plume of smoke...

looks like a much-modified series - a full-blown trialler, basically. The dumper tyres are a bit of a give-away, very noisy on-road.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Hi!

It's an old Suzuki SJ with welded diffs and a Ford Pinto engine....!!! Go figure ;-)

He rolled it a few time, there are pics on the forum of the organising club (link below...) ;-)

Neil

Neil Brownlee

Mark,

Pity you didn't come ;-) Was a good day.

Neil

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

On or around Wed, 21 Jan 2004 08:09:27 +0000 (UTC), "Neil Brownlee" enlightened us thusly:

fine... most people start with a series LR to make a trialler...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Neil,

Just been too busy :-(