First home...

I can't believe how many times you managed to get me in a bloomin photo!! I usually try to avoid them. Great pics all the same. S'funny how a photo doesn't really do a bloomin grat hole in the landscape justice :o)

Graham

Reply to
Graham G

You had some great weather this weekend!

I hope i can make it next time.

I made loads of progress with the fleet this weekend at home, and now have multiple mobile (and much more reliable) vehicles! :) Almost including a 101!

Reply to
Tom Woods

During stardate Sun, 16 Oct 2005 21:42:00 +0100, "Nige" uttered the imortal words:

Some quicktime footage here...sorry for the size and format burrits straight from the camera.

Kids were cream crackered so I would imagine much better piccys to come from those who stuck around playing.

I was really frustrated not to be getting muddy as our Disco has chassis LPG tanks. Just as I convinced myself it was tame enough Richard did an Impression of a see-saw which left me in no doubt that suggesting to Mrs D that we give it a go would have lead to me filling another muddy hole. :0) Still, motivation to get Percy sorted!

Lee D

-- "I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."

- Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

'76 101 Camper '64 88" IIa V8 Auto '97 Disco ES Auto LPG'd '01 Laguna

Reply to
Lee_D

During stardate Sun, 16 Oct 2005 22:45:53 +0100, Tom Woods uttered the imortal words:

Pah! Talk is cheap...lets see the colour of your 101!

:-D

I bet he's ready for Donnington, nah you couldn't do it.........

Perhaphs a more realisitic time scale would be Gaydon, I'm also trying to get a group of 101's together for Cosford Air Ahow this year....

Lee D

-- "I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."

- Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

'76 101 Camper '64 88" IIa V8 Auto '97 Disco ES Auto LPG'd '01 Laguna

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Tue, 18 Oct 2005 09:00:36 +0100, Lee_D enlightened us thusly:

wot with Martyn and the other chap with the orange one, I reckon mine ought to be pink, if I ever have one. What price removing the bulkhead on 101s, BTW? can be done, can't be done, need to reinforce it afterwards? I'd be looking to make a hard-top body something between a radbod and an ambi, I reckon - more headroom like an ambi but no added width. But trying out Steve's GS for size led me to the conclusion that I'd have to do something about the cab/driver space - there's just not enough room there for proper-sized people :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

21.30ish - just in time to buy wine and sleep (lots) - after eating the chockie cakes - obviously ;-)
Reply to
Mother

Can be done, the underlying structural frame is steel. You can readily leave little stub walls, about 4" wide if you want.

Tall people or wide people, but not the combination I feel.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Did you sleep the clock round in glorious silence then?

Lizzy

Reply to
Lizzy

On or around Tue, 18 Oct 2005 11:03:09 +0100, Steve Taylor enlightened us thusly:

longer than standard legs would be a problem I think, too - there's not that much kneeroom. I could actually drive one reasonably succesfully, but it'd not be comfortable for the hour or two at a time stints I do on the school work.

heyho. Time to revive the 110/transit hybrid idea...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Only slightly disturbed by yorkshire Water deciding to extend the patchwork on the road outside...

Odd, the 'bird flu' I had coming on as we headed off to Wales 'went' whilst we were there, then came back with a vengence on monday morning!

Spent most of yesterday sleeping - worth it though, blinding weekend.

Reply to
Mother

Moving the seats back (and or 'up') is actually quite easy.

The front will always need to stay where it is - as it's also the front of the wheelarch, but going back a couple of inches is not too structural. It's also possible to make the engine cover a little narrower - but this is somewhat involved and only really works on the driver side.

I do know those of 'larger stature' than yourself who fit comfortably and have managed some long distance expeditions.

Also remember that being sat on top of the engine, you'll always get out slightly lighter than when you got in ;-)

Reply to
Mother

That was a good guess then. Hmm, recon there's some favouritism goin' on here Emma bought the choccy cake, and I never got any :o(

Reply to
Graham G

Funny that ;o)

Is that the excuse :o)

Reply to
Graham G

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 19:26:40 +0100, "Graham G" scribbled the following nonsense:

Yes but are you are allowed chocolate cake? I'm on starvation rations after my holiday. Only allowed 1500 calories per day for a

*fortnight* and *no* alcohol either :-(
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Just as well your flight was too late to come and join us then. Bacon butties at breakfast, evening BBQ and beer would have all been awfully diet busting and got you into big trouble with your good lady wife!

Lizzy

Reply to
Lizzy

Sincere apologies an all, especially after all of the joking that I was going to nab them - to actually _really_ nab them was unforgivable!

Reply to
Mother

Kin eck, what did you do that was so bad as to warrant such a sentence?

Reply to
Mother

:-p I'm really seriously thinking about leaving it silver now! Its starting to grow on me! (and everybody takes the piss out of my other choice of decoration!)

I'm planning to put the whole of half term week into that red saab - which should hopefully mean it has an engine in by 2 weeks time.

When thats on the road again, I can start doing some 101! :)

Gaydon is around may isnt it? thats my timescale for getting the 101 done anyhow..

Reply to
Tom Woods

well.... I'm supposed to be on a diet :o(

...but calories taste so good :o(

Reply to
Graham G

Its ok, she bought them for you, twas told that before we even left. Something fishy goin' on I recon ;o)

Reply to
Graham G