First thing to ever go wrong on my Discovery!!!!!

Something has finally failed on my 1997 Discovery V8 - I've got the maintenance records back to Jan 1997 and this is the first failure! :)

Driving yesterday slightly too fast through flooded roads and noticed the engine seemed to get noisier. Tried it again this morning and it was still noisy - noticeably so since its usually near silent. Noise is engine speed related whether engine is hot or cold.

Turned out to be a seized viscous fan coupling - even with engine off, fan can't be turned. Sounds like a replacement will be about £80. Not too bad in

7 years, unless it is just the start of things to come. . . . . . Gulp!
Reply to
Exit

I have a couple of those spare in the shed somewhere if you want one. They came off Range Rover 3.9's but I doubt they'll be any different... where are you ?

I'm in Knaresborough, North Yorks.

cheers

Dave W.

Dave White

Cheers for that mate, but I've already had a new one fitted. :)

Reply to
Exit

The start of things to come without a doubt.

Reply to
Nikki

Could be but I've been running various LR's for over 15 years and never had anything major go. . . .

Reply to
Exit

You'll regret saying that;-)

Reply to
Nikki

Slippery + Slope.....

Neil

Neil Brownlee

Oh yee of little faith. . . . . .

Reply to
Exit

I've been running Land Rovers for over 25 years and have plenty of things go ;)

Steve. Suffolk. remove 'knujon' to e-mail

Reply to
AN6530