fitting a disgo rear axle on a defender

hi all , just wonder if anyone in the group has done this or can point me in the right direction thanks

Reply to
landy90

It's a fairly common way of getting rear discs on a drum 90 - get the right axle and it goes "straight on" - you might need to fit a compensator valve though. I'm sure it's detailed on the web somewhere.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Are the diffs the same? A had considered this conversion but didn't want to risk having mismatched diffs.

Les

110 CSW
Reply to
Les Gray

Defender, Discovery I and Range Rover Classic all have the same ratio diffs, it's just Series (except Stage I) that are "original", so barring differing numbers of splines (which doesn't matter when swapping a whole axle) there's no problem - except 110 rear axles of course, those being Sailsburys.

Fitting discs to 110 rears only requires the addition of calipers and caliper brackets (FTC3306) - most, if not all axles have the fitting holes present as far as I remember.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

On or around Wed, 6 Dec 2006 09:31:14 -0000, "Les Gray" enlightened us thusly:

They won't be mismatched but 110 rear diff is probably a Salisbury, which is stronger. They should all be the same (3.54?) ratio.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Thanks, I'll take a look to see if mine has the required fitting holes, then maybe that can be a job for the new year.

Les

Reply to
Les Gray