fitting a snorkle

Hi

would you get any improvement by fitting a snorkle on a disco 1 as i am not mechanically minded thank you

ollie

Reply to
rpratt

rpratt composed the following;:

Any improvement to what?

I guess you could wade deeper, if it was done properly and all other potential wading problems were also sorted ..

Reply to
Paul - xxx

if it's done properly you can go into deeper water without your engine breathing in water, though a snorkle does not solve all your deep water problems. if you drive in dusty areas then your air filter will last longer, particularly if the snorkle has a cyclone 'hat'.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

On or around Sat, 29 Jan 2005 15:23:54 +0000, Mr.Nice. enlightened us thusly:

it's also relevant that it's high up for that purpose, as well as the water. Dustier near the ground, innit.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

And on the correct side.

HTH nigelH

Reply to
Nigel Hewitt

Ollie Hi,

all fellow members of the camel trophy owners club and also all my friends who drive diesels here in Greece (not that many) and have fitted snorkels have noted that when the snorkel is fitted the car appears to be operating better and more importantly feel torquier with even a slight decrease in fuel consumption. People who already had the snorkels fitted (our camels) and have tried bypassing them soon have reconnected them noting the decrease in performance with the snorkel bypassed (I did also back in 1996 when I was looking to increase the performance of my first camel. I have reconnected the snorkel and fitted a larger intercooler, hybrid turbo, free flowing air filter element and readjusted the fuel pump and turbocharger's wastegate operating pressure)

The air filter will be much cleaner for a longer time also, especially if you drive the car in dusty conditions or inside cities with traffic jams.

Both Mantec's and Safari snorkels are easy to fit but my preference both cosmeticaly and functionaly is with the Mantec plain tubing, full metallic and less protruding shape and style.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos