Fitting Warn 8274 to Disco 300Tdi Auto

Hi as per the post I have a 8274 that I pulled off my series III prior to flogging it. I am told that these are a little heavy for the disco front
suspension. Is this true? Would I have to install new springs?
The next concern is how badly installing one of these would affect my cooling. I know removing it from my Nissan LD28 converted SerIIIS made a huge improvement to the cooling and since most of the TDI ailments seem to be overheating related, I am loath to loose any more cooling. I installed a engine managment system and I have already had to replace the 95deg cooling switch with a 105 deg one as the 95 deg one came on at the mere sight of a hillock.
If it is dooable, my final objection would be paying a fortune for a ARB, TJM bumper etc. I would like to construct something myself that would get the winch as low as possible and channel as much air as possible to the rad without wrecking the looks too much.
Any Ideas? Stephen