Landcraft

Has anyone been to the Landcraft 4 X 4 site at Bala North Wales ?

I've just found the website and it looks like just what I'm looking for and only down the road from me!

I've e-mailed for more details, but if anyone has been - what's it like ?

Cheers

Reply to
StaffBull

Been there several times - it's quite a good site.

The top of the site is rocky moorland with easy tracks and few less challenging mud holes. Around the edges are some bits of bog with a few deep water runs with large chunks of rock in the bottom and there are a couple of serious climbs near the lake including one with a two foot rock step that pitches you into the lake if you are not careful. The bit between the lake and the entrance is a bit of gentle woodland and some steeper climbs and some nice rocky steps up to the monument.

All in all pretty good fun but not too difficult.

Reply to
Exit

Reply to
StaffBull

Go for 2", you know you want to!

Reply to
David French

Reply to
StaffBull

I didn't. I ran 235/70s before and after the lift.

I did see a Disco the other day with a 2" lift running 265/somethings but I didn't make a note. They looked great. Not sure of the mechanics of this.

There is a US website somewhere listing all the different tyre sizes you can put on a standard Disco or various different heights of suspension and body lift. Anybody?

David

Reply to
David French

Here we go:

This is for Series 2 Disco, be aware.

Very useful...

Reply to
David French

David French posted ...

Incidentally, I run BFG AT's .. 31 105 R15's .. they _do_ catch the rear wheel arches, but a 're-model' [1] is due to be performed this week, as I have to take 12 days holiday before end of March .. ;)

[1] Cutting the wheel arch and re-forming a rolled edge to give them room ..

I'll take some pics and post results somewhere .. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Reply to
StaffBull