five & a half weeks...

Thats how long it's taken paddock spares to collect & refund me for the 4 wrong shock absorbers they sent me. Needless to say I don't think I'll be using their services again.

Reply to
HobGobSnakyWaky

Just used them for Chassis and brake parts. The website is one of the easiest and best designed I have come across. I would give them 100% for my transaction. Yours Gmacz

Reply to
Gmacz

Crikey - I remember you posting asking how to tell if they were the right ones or not!

Sad tale indeed. Have you thought about asking them, in writing, why it has taken so long? I know this won't help much now, but I often find that putting my thoughts on paper tends to help vent my anger a little and may actually help whoever it is who'd p*ssed me off to see that good customer service leads to repeat orders, bad leads to a lot of lost business :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

The reason it took so long is that it took them 3 weeks to organise colllection of the parts including numerous promised collections that never happened (which were supposedly arranged by the 'owner' of the company). Finally we were told the courier had never actually been contacted to arrange the collection, but once the courier had been contacted the package was collected the same day (thanks to Claire B at Paddocks for that). It then took 2 weeks for the refund to reach me (via overnight switch payment).

There no anger to vent, that all happend in the numerous telephone calls (not that I shouted or lost my temper once). I just want people to be aware of the sort of aftersales service I recieved in this instance. In my experience the website is extremely good, and when things go correctly, the goods & delivery are fine.

Stuart

Reply to
HobGobSnakyWaky

This has been my experience - the stuff that has been in stock has always arrived on time and in good condition (albeit with some variable quality).

The lady who sold me Petlas tyres was very nice indeed and they arrived as promised. That was my first order in almost 2 years after a debacle with a Dixon Bate towbar that never arrived and totally inefficient handling of the problem.

It seems that when they are good they are good, when they are bad they are diabolical.

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

I've had similar trouble, where they 'forgot' about an order for a solenoid, when I'm sat here waiting for it. Saying that I've also had some excellent service from them, so it's swings and roundabouts . . .

Jon

Reply to
Jon

On or around Fri, 7 Nov 2003 14:34:15 -0000, "Jon" enlightened us thusly:

never had trouble personally. Mind, the thing I sent back I posted meself :-), but that was a) my fault and b) cheaper than them getting it collected by courier.

they also did a pretty reasonable job of getting a brake vacuum pump to the middle of suffolk in short order once.

Probably worth, when they screw up, writing to tell them, especially if you intend eschewing them afterwards, so they know.

it's impossible to get everything right all the time, and overall I think they do pretty well.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

That's what I thought, but they proved me wrong by ignoring me.

T'is true. They paint a picture of good people working with piss poor systems and procedures.

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs