Forget Rivets - Spiders, they are the future, I've seen them

I've found the new Mecca my friends, Land Rover Spiders. Indeed it's is only proper we conduct a Census of our existing Land Rover spiders (LRS) and document there whereabouts, habits and monitor fault codes, preferred lubricants and general upkeep issues.

Please forward any such documentation you may have before this true area of our heritage is lost for ever, we need to act now!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

er, Lee, step away from the EP90, put the lid back on, and get a nice strong brew in you ;-)

Si

Reply to
GrnOval

In article , Lee_D writes

Don't forget moss...

Regards,

Simonm (still hoping for Lichen, eventually...).

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

One has moved into the new roof in the 101 cab. He goes in an out through a tiny gap at the endge which he runs back into as soon as i look too hard at him. He's not building any cobwebs though so im happy with him - though the day he comes out and dangles on a web infront of my face he's going!

Reply to
Tom Woods

They seem to be migratory and have decamped into the garage RRC's usually seem to have a resident in the OS mirror ours used to catch passing scally cyclists but he was a seriously biggun. Derek

Reply to
Derek

Can't open that page - get a time out error from here :(

Reply to
Duracell Bunny

Its cos your computer is upside down, the packets dont work right the wrong way up!, or perhaps a kangaroo has chewed through the aus-uk network cable? its working from various ISP's over here, perhaps try again later ;)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Tom Woods uttered summat worrerz funny about:

My browsing had a judder around midnight... might be zen's putters using all there power to nudge 23:59 over to all those zeros...

Working ok here now but I had a blip on mud-club at midnight too.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Yep, working OK now. Must try to get some shots of mine next time I find a nest of red-backs in the cab. Guaranteed to get you to jump out of the driver's side seat at any speed ...

The big Huntsman spiders aren't so bad, they are so big you can't miss them. Though I did once nearly crash a car due to one, he was nesting on the sun visor

- when I pulled it down to shade my eyes, he popped down off the visor & onto my lap. I aged 10 years that day ... they are not lethal, but they still hurt.

Snakes I can handle. Rat shot in the .22 deals with them without damaging the panel work.

Reply to
Duracell Bunny

Why does Australia seem to have cornered the market in deadly creatures?

Personally I can't abide those things with 8 legs, I think it must be the way they move because other creepy crawlies aren't a problem. Luckily most of our web spinning LR inhabitants are small-ish and in a

101 they don't seem to come out when we are driving - I think they are holding on for dear life too.

Lizzy

Reply to
LizzyTaylor

My dad used to spin a great yarn about being pulled off his tractor once by a bird-eating spider web - they are strong, but not quite that strong .. but it's the slithery things I can't stand. Hissing Sid is not my friend, don't care what variety of snake he is. A good shottie is the way to go with them, I found the shovel approach required getting too close to them for my liking.

Other than that (and the whinging Poms) Australia's the best place to be :)

Reply to
Duracell Bunny

8 legs Er you mean like Morris Dancers?

Derek