Found 1977 Classic RR

My father in-law has just moved into a new house and the previous owners have left a Ranger Rover V5 etc The RR is LHD and was used in Egypt. It has not been used for 7 years. The car was put through its MOT then stored. The body work and chassis seem in good condition tailgate is good some rust to rear bumper but only superficial. one small hole in drivers footwell. Engine oil was very clean and I am told it was well looked after. At this time it does not have a battery so could not run engine.

Any ideas for what it is worth as it stands or should I try and get it through an MOT prior to selling. I think he would be happy with £500 I was thinking of changing fluids, leads, plugs and any hoses then try and get her going and ideas what else I should check before starting her.

Many thanks

Mark

Reply to
Mark Lane

I think you'll be lucky getting £500 for it, a bloke next door but one to me is always buying and selling them, and he regularly gets them for £250

- he is currently driving round an 'E' reg (1987?) which he got for £200, with 2 months T+T. If it will get thru the MOT, then you may get £500, but there are many newer ones available at that price. Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

Reply to
tomtom

But a reasonable '77 Classic is going to be worth more than a tatty 80s version which are two-a-penny. There seems to be a good market for the

2-doors in the right condition. There are indeed many newer ones available, but that's missing the point a little, surely?
Reply to
David French

On or around Thu, 20 May 2004 21:06:19 +0100, "David French" enlightened us thusly:

left-hooker ain't gonna do much for the value in this country though, unless someone wants it for an expedition vehicle for forn parts.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I was told that it is very easy to switch it back to RHD as it was made with all the fixing in place. But then again somebody selling a LHD would say that.

I was thinking of using it as an off roader only.

Reply to
Mark Lane

On or around Fri, 21 May 2004 15:05:34 +0000 (UTC), "Mark Lane" enlightened us thusly:

well, yes and no...

the places to mount everything are there, and quite a lot of stuff will be able to be transferred from one side to another, but then again, stuff like the steering box is probably the other way round, for example.

Reply to
Austin Shackles