RR Classic - loose swivels

Pants! One of my MoT fail points was a 'loose OSF hub assembly' I happily assumed that to be a loose hub but, upon jacking up and fiddling with it it appears that the swivel pins are the culprits. I have never done the swivels on a RR but have done loads on a Series LR - the book shows no major differences but is there anything untoward that I should be aware of?

Can anyone also hazard a guess if the play is just in the bearings or should I order new pins as well???

Graeme

Reply to
Graeme

In message , Graeme writes

Just get a set of bearings and gaskets as required for the stripdown, you should be ok. You may need shims as well so, on the basis of better safe than sorry, order a pack of them and keep any you don't need for the future ...

Reply to
AndyG

And clean the old ones up and keep them too. Saves you buying another pack of shims next time.....

Alex

Reply to
Alex

I got a ton of Series Land Rover ones in me shed - shame they don't fit!

Ordered the lot from Paddocks - new flexible brake pipes, mudshield, seals, gaskets, pins, bearings - total of £73 - not bad I guess, mucky fun next weekend then

Graeme

Reply to
Graeme