freelander aftermarket accessories (UK)

***delurk*** We had one as a courtesy car when our brand new Defender shed half its load of diesel across several miles and the rest on our drive. I think on reflection I should have kept the Defender as it was and just waited at the dealer for them to decide there was nothing wrong. Kept banging my blooming head on the A pillar and roof every time I got in or out. Wallowed a bit. Very comfy and pretty once I was in though. Just wouldn't care to take it off road (I know, I know, I've read all the magazines, but I just wouldn't feel as safe...) I once in my misguided youth considered a Suzuki Vitara. Reminded me a bit of that.

jermec

Reply to
jermec

Quite, I sat in one when looking at Land Rovers, my head was more or less touching the roof, at most 2" clearance, decent bump on the road and I'd bang my head. The headlining came down so low that it felt like wearing a baseball cap with the peek turned down. Got a Disco II instead, much better. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

In message , Andrew Miller writes

I would save your cash for when the engine blows up !

Reply to
Marc Draper

Not now Neil, we're having a fight here...

Reply to
wayne

That'll be a WHOOSH then.

Reply to
wayne

and you can't spell, now feckoff eh?

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

You have come into a settled, developed community and not understood the culture and ethos. There are lots of people who could have helped but a little alienation goes a long way.

That may well be true, which makes it all the more suprising that you don't fit in well.

HTH nigelH "Needs new oxygen sensors to make the MOT"

Reply to
Nigel Hewitt

My veiled sarcasm must be off today ;-)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Oh, the irony!

From a chap who wants to cover his Freelander in shiny bits.

My Freelander is covered in mud.

Cheers

Blippie

-- Ten minutes of this rain will do more good in half an hour than a fortnight of ordinary rain in a month.

Reply to
Blippie

Frightening to think that the Freelaners has similar dimensions to the original Range Rover, isn't it!

Cheers

Blippie

-- Ten minutes of this rain will do more good in half an hour than a fortnight of ordinary rain in a month.

Reply to
Blippie

So? Sod off and complain to SWGAF. Landrovers are meant to be covered in mud not chrome.

A shiny Freelander to go with your hairdresser's sports car. Chavtastic.

Reply to
Colonel Tupperware

I have to say I'm extremely disappointed in the attitude displayed towards this person who is clearly a recent convert to Land Rovers. Telling him to Sod Off is no way to behave. If this was uk.rec.motorcyles they would have invited him in and warmly welcomed him with cheerful good humour and bonhomie. Admittedly he would have been trussed up, tarred and feathered by suppertime but they do it so charmingly

But now he has been scared off back to his home brewing, could have had some mileage out of him, it's been a bit quiet since APL. Need more fresh meat.

Reply to
wayne

I was being polite. Sorry, it won't happen again. (Politeness that is)

Now I know you're taking the piss.

Right.

But no more top posting, grammar free, bling obsessed, shift key blind illiterates, please.

Reply to
Colonel Tupperware

Good point, well put.

Reply to
wayne

On or around Sun, 15 May 2005 10:21:16 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@lardrover.co.uk enlightened us thusly:

Speaking of Bling... one amazing Hummer H2 up in Chester services the other week, Black, blacked-out windows, 22" chrome wheels... sort of the epitome of Bling.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Can't possibly beat the 80 foot long streched Porsche Cayenne I have seen round these parts.

Truly horrific.

-- Subaru WRX (Annabel)

Landrover 110 County Station Wagon (Tyson)

'"They called him Jimmy the gent"

Reply to
Nige

these parts.

I saw a streched H2 not far from your place Nige, fecking ugly hting if you ask me...

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

Ah, not thisun then...

Mother

I wasn't impressed by the couple of Range Rovers backing to the pitch access tunnel at St James's Park on Sunday. Black or very dark with "security" glassware. The round things in the corners (I hesitate to call them wheels) where multi-spoked bits of alloy, with a skim of rubber on the outside edge. The rims must have been the best part of

30" dia, tyre sidewalls around 2". Looked very silly but at least they didn't have those silly hub attachments that either don't rotate as you drive along or continue to rotate after you've stopped. Saw that on some motors at Man. U. the other week. Too much, much too much, money, especially at Man U.

BTW, football holds little interest for me. I was only at those grounds because I was being paid to be there.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Iv'e told the wife to only drive it at weekends!!

Reply to
Nige