New Discovery SII - but a few questions!!

Hi, Had my new Discovery today - smiled all the way home!! Two questions (of many to come I am sure). I have a TD5 Series II S. This does not have
climate control, but does have Air conditioning (I'm told). There is a sort of snowflake button on the middle console. Is this Air conditioning? Is does not seem to chill the air noticeably (would have been handy today!!!). Could there be something wrong. I have 12 months warranty so no panic. Also I have a X Reg year 2000 model. Does this have ACE? How would I find out. The handbook seems to cover all models, but does not refer at all to the snowflake icon, and only "if fitted" on the ACE
I am really pleased with the car - all I could hope for, and want to now start to kit it out to start having some fun!! Does anybody know where I could look at a range of accessories - especially bull bars / A bars to begin with. There are many around and I want to choose the correct one. Maybe somebody could post pictures (can we post binaries here?) or point me in the direction of a URL where I could see a picture of their LR, with maybe an indication of where they bought it! Am I asking too much.
I am back in the world of the Land Rover, and I love it
Gwyn
Look under the front and rear at the ant roll bars they will have a hydraulic ram attached on one side with pipes going to and from the engine bay. As to the air con I sometimes think mine isn't working but it has a thermostatic switch set to 5 deg c to cut the comp in and out. The button you describe is fior air con though. My 96 disco has two fans in front of the rad which cut in when the air con switch is on so check for this with the ignition on but the engine not running.
Peter.

sort
does
Could
me
further to the air con fans, on our 95 disco the fans cut in and out on a thermostat somewhere. when i asked if this was correct they said it was. it seems that some years the fans come on straight away and on others they cut in and out. btw, we had our air con fully checked a couple of weeks ago and they said it should cool the air by 15deg or downto about 8deg

find
I followed advice and looked at the fan through the grill in the front. It does not turn. Dropped by my Local LR Dealer to arm my self with knowledge before bringing up the fault with garage on Monday. There is a 99 offer on now to re-gas etc the Air Con, but he could not guarantee that this would solve it. They said that the fans do automatically stop working when the coolant levels etc are low. I thought maybe a switch had gone. Ah well. We'll see. Would the coolant run out on a 4 year car?
On 14/8/04 1:53 pm, in article wXnTc.96$ snipped-for-privacy@news-text.cableinet.net,

Uffar Bach wrote:

Could easily. IIRC they often leak the gas out at the TX valve.
--
EMB
change two to number to reply

sort