vauxhall corsa creaking clutch

I've got a 1.0L 12V 3-cylinder corsa B. Had a new LUK clutch kit put in about

7 months ago at 60000 miles, done about another 8000 miles on it since then. Clutch cable snapped at the pedal end last week; I've replaced the cable and the pedal (plastic cable end retainer at top of pedal was worn and splaying under load). For the first day or two after fitting new cable it was totally smooth; then a creaking noise started coming from the clutch itself. Listening to it under the bonnet with someone else pushing the pedal, I can hear the creaking coming from under the pivot arm. I've sprayed grease and wd40 all round the pivot arm joint but no improvement. The cable/pedal are completely smooth, it's definately the clutch that's making the noise. If I leave the car to cool down overnight clutch is almost completely smooth first thing in the morning, but once it's warmed up the creaking starts. Has anyone got any ideas what might be causing the creaking?
Reply to
tony broughton

"tony broughton" wrote in message news:slrnebeifl.9ko.tonybDELETE_THIS_SPAM snipped-for-privacy@fifi.myplace.org...

the clutch cover (pressure plate) itself has various leverage pivot points inside that could creak, the bearing might creak on the input shaft, the pressure arm could creak on the back of the bearing, the lower pivot (you can't see from the outside) for the release arm may be dry etc..

take it back and get the lot replaced and the appropriate bits cleaned and lubed.

Reply to
mrcheerful

it's an inherent design fault every Vauxhall I've ever owned or driven has had it

"tony broughton" wrote in message news:slrnebeifl.9ko.tonybDELETE_THIS_SPAM snipped-for-privacy@fifi.myplace.org...

Reply to
dojj