WANTED - BOBTAIL

Hi,

Wanted - bobtail in working order.

90 or Rangy. Prefer if can use on road aswell - but will consider one with trailer. Big Diesel if poss.

Cheers!

Reply to
M4CKK

Just out of interst, how do you bobtail a 90?

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

I remember seeing a very short 90 at one of the shows this year, maybe the LRO one.

The rear wheels were almost poking out beyond the rear crossmember. I think the owner had a website and was selling the vehicle too, can't find any more info though.

Reply to
Simon Barr

Err something like this?

Andy.Smalley

That's the one!

Reply to
Simon Barr

Yet another dodgy "tax exempt 1963 Defender".

I know that there's no black and white definition of a vehicles identity ( no matter what the DVLA web site might suggest) and that the vehicle inspectorate have a large scope for discretion but.... this has GOT to be taking the piss.

It's got a 1993 90 chassis, axles, suspension and steering with a 200TDi engine and a Defender LT77 gearbox. It has a Defender bulkhead, windscreen and truck cab. It has Defender wings, Defender bonnet and a Defender rear body tub.

So, it would seem that these days putting a pair of Series III doors and door tops on a 1993 90 make it a "hybrid", that's assuming that the doors aren't off a Defender too (which they could be) then that leaves the door tops as the only part that MAY have, at some time, resided on a

1963 vehicle.

I wonder if it's got a 90 dashboard and steering column as well.

cheers

Dave W.

Dave White

Now i look like a Tw*t.

Mark Solesbury

You beat me to it Dave. I can't see how on earth that can possibly be legal either.

Reply to
Paul Everett