Freelander Gearbox problem

I have a 2001 V6 5 door auto, Freelander. The 3 year warranty has almost expired. I dropped the car off at the dealer for a final check. I mentioned that the gear change was a bit clunky. 2 hours later I was offered a hire car because the gearbox needs to be replaced.

I believe that it is not uncommon for the gearbox in Freelanders to be replaced. Any comments and are there other major bits that need to be replaced.

Keith, Sydney Aus.

Reply to
Keith Walters

I believe the IRD is a common weak spot. This transfers drive to the rear wheels. This may be what they are actually replacing.

Sounds like your dealer is on top of it though - which by all accounts is unusual in Australia I assume it's a free of charge replacement?

.
Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Reply to