uklandroverevents.com

Has anyone been on one of these trips? I quite fancy the Coast2Coast.

Any feedback appreciated.

Cheers

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Damn you Hobbs.

Now I have to go and try some of these.

I fancy the Discover the Lakes and Extreme Lake District one.

I now have to finish getting my motor offroad prepared.

Hadn't planned on buying locking diffs and a winch this soon.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

I'm never sure about these trips. The Coast2Coast looks fairly harmless as it is on 'country roads'. I've been on some very badly organised events, and the idea of 'extreme greenlaning' looks very dodgy to me. If it's extreme, it should be done in a quarry or other private land IMHO. On these occasions you can't choose your friends.

On the other hand it may all be very responsible and restrained.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

My thoughts on this are "Do the easy one first and if it's a clusterfsck never go back again and possibly report the organiser"

It's one of these cases of you'll never know until you go.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

I look forward to reading your report ;-)

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Ok - so - ARBs, Detroits or Truetracs?

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

Put your mic in front of your speakers and turn up the volume... you'll get plenty ;)

(Sorry, in one of those moods again!)

DH

Reply to
Mellotron

"Mellotron @btinternet.com>"

Eh? You need an Irishman to put in front of your speakers?

Ooops - is that a racist slur, I'll just as Ron ??

Graeme

Reply to
Graeme

I haven't, but was quite interested, my only concern, as someone who organises events in the lakes is that LARA/ cumbria council has a trails hierachy "agreement" which specifically asks that we don't use the green lanes in groups of more than 4 vehicles, many of the "past events" photos show 5 and 6 vehicles in convoy. The blurb on the lakes events says, maybe a second support vehicle if required, which again implies relatively large groups. Ignoring the agreements put together between LARA and the council will not do any of us any favours and only cause more problems long term as it will put more locals off side. I would want to check with the organiser first. I will be running an informal event at some point this year around the lakes, done by road book, so cars travel alone or in twos, with me sweeping behind as a closing car. If there was some interest I could formalise it on a sunday, with a small fee to cover road books. thoughts please?

John Knights Expedition Manager, Global Adventurer, and freelance writer

Reply to
John Knights