Freelander rear window

A little while ago there was chat going on about the reason for a Freelander rear window "automatically" opening itself.

Could someone refresh my memory as to the likely cause, as it has just started happening to my neighbour's.

Reply to
Steve Cork

Most of the time it's caused by a bad negative lead to the body.There's a connector situated behind the right rear wheel.You have to take the upholstery in the luggage compartment out to access it. Sometimes it's caused by accidentally pressing the unlock button on the key fob for a longer period.(For example when you've put in in the pocket of yr trousers) This happened to me once.

Woodstock

Reply to
Woodstock

Hi, This happened a few times on my old freelander. Dealer ended up replacing one of the little black boxes to do with the alarm/immobiliser. Never happened again.

Stew.

Reply to
90ninety

Tom Woods