Freelander towing

Considering a new 2.0 TD Freelander, but heard comments from dealer about not good for towing.

I tow a Hobby 1500kg (max) caravan regularly.

Any comments as to the match

In their literature LR say towing limit of 1800kg. Is this over ambitious?

Reply to
Simon Simms

I would reckon that 1500 is well within the limits of a freeloader. Some friends of ours tow a big double horsebox with no trouble

If the lit says 1800, then that will be conservative and very safe

Si

Reply to
simonk

Sounds like dealer thinks he can upsell you to a Discovery.

Reply to
David French

Which I would guess will make him substantially better margin / bonus with the new model a few months away.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs